Friday 26 September 2008

167 miles and 96 locks to go

Last night I broke the 100 locks barrier! Only 96 more to go now, according to canal plan.

I call it a mission, moving my boat such a distance, but when you wake up to beautiful scenery in the mornings it's hardly a chore. This morning, I allowed myself extra time for the walk back to my car so that I could take these pictures. Braunston locks were where I spent my very first night on my boat last summer. They were also the first and only place that Jono breasted both of our boats together and took them through the locks whilst Helen and I opened the gates.

Last night I made it up the flight before dark, met some lovely people along the way, and then had a delicious steak and a couple of pints in the Admiral Nelson before bed.

Happy memories!




No comments: