Saturday 1 March 2008

Insomnia

As Faithless would say, "I can't get no sleep!"

Right now, I am actually tired. A couple of days ago, the entire UK experienced an earthquake measuring 5.2 on the Richter scale, the biggest in 25 years. At 1am, asleep on the boat, I was completely oblivious. Tonight's wind, however, is in a whole different league. According to weather.co.uk the wind is currently 36mph from the West and I believe it 100%. People reported cupboards rattling and shutters banging in the earthquake - they know nothing. I've only been back on the boat about an hour this evening, and the shaking and rocking is incredible. The curtains got a gust of wind in them through the open window, and managed to open themselves, which was a little scary! The cratch cover is rattling around even though it's fastened down properly, the wind is howling round the boat, and the light pull cords are swinging around illustrating precisely how much the boat is moving. I even double checked that it's tied up reasonably well as it was moving SO much.

Unless there's a serious change in the weather overnight, I think I will remain in my duvet until the wrong side of lunchtime tomorrow. After last weekend's fun and games in the wind, I have a feeling that my only ventures outdoors tomorow will be to fetch more coal in.

No comments: